By Sam Boughedda
Investing.com — U.S. stock indices closed mostly higher Wednesday after a rally in tech stocks. Here are some of the most significant winners today:
- Jasper Therapeutics (NASDAQ:) was by far the biggest gainer on the day, closing the session over 109% higher after it was labeled as an ’emerging leader’ in its field.
- Plug Power (NASDAQ:) also made a strong move higher following an upgrade by Morgan Stanley (NYSE:) and green hydrogen deals with Airbus and Phillips 66 (NYSE:). Plug shares closed up 12.8%.
- SAP (NYSE:) shares rallied 5.2% on news the company raised its annual outlook for the third time after sustained growth in its subscription business.
The significant losers on the day included:
- CRISPR Therapeutics (NASDAQ:) updated results from its Phase 1 trial of CTX110 in B-cell malignancies, which is still ongoing, but closed the day down over 5%.
- Delta Airlines (NYSE:) delivered a profit in its earnings report but warned of fuel cost pressures and ended the day with its shares falling 5%.
- JPMorgan (NYSE:)) also reported positive earnings, exceeding expectations for both profit and revenue, but found its shares down 2.64% at the close.
Fusion Media or anyone involved with Fusion Media will not accept any liability for loss or damage as a result of reliance on the information including data, quotes, charts and buy/sell signals contained within this website. Please be fully informed regarding the risks and costs associated with trading the financial markets, it is one of the riskiest investment forms possible.