The Associated Press (h/t ESPN) reported on Friday that a man found golf and sports icon Tiger Woods unconscious inside his SUV after the single-car crash that occurred on Feb. 23.
Per the AP, Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Deputy Johann Schloegl documented the man’s claim in an affidavit asking for the approval of a search warrant for the vehicle’s data recorder, specifically data from Feb. 22 and Feb. 23. The incident took place around 7 a.m. on Feb. 23.
“I believe the data will explain how/why the collision occurred,” Schloegl wrote.
The AP added that the sheriff’s representatives wouldn’t divulge what was found in the recorder as of Friday afternoon.
The man mentioned in the affidavit said he lives near the crash site and walked to the SUV, where Woods was unresponsive to questions. Deputy Carlos Gonzalez previously said the 45-year-old superstar was conscious and able to answer what were referred to as “basic” questions. Woods did, however, say he didn’t remember driving.
Last week, Los Angeles County Sheriff Alex Villanueva referred to the matter as “purely an accident” and suggested Woods will not face any charges. The crash left Woods with shattered tibia and fibula bones in his right leg that were stabilized by a combination of screws and pins during surgery.