After the box office disappointment, Solo: A Star Wars Story, Disney decided to take a break from the series because of what they perceived as depletion of the franchise.
However, after a brief pause, Disney has a new installment of the Star Wars franchise on the verge of release, Rise Of Skywalker, Although, the studio chose to hear a warning to its legion of fans for a very specific reason. The deadline states that Walt Disney Corporation is asking movie exhibitors to warn the public that the movie can increase the chances of a seizure.
With a premiere on December 20, the film supposedly represents a risk for those suffering from photosensitive epilepsy. In what was an atypical decision, Disney sent a letter to warn cinemas that the film can cause health problems in those with epilepsy.
In addition, the Epilepsy Foundation issued another warning of its own, while praising Disney for the letter. According to the deadline, approximately 3 and a half million Americans suffer from epilepsy and another 3% have some kind of photosensitivity problem.
As most know Star Wars: The Rise Of Skywalker It is scheduled to be another great victory for Disney, after a very successful year at the box office in 2019. Some of his biggest films include Lion King, Aladdin, although many of them are remakes of classic movies.
However, the company has not been without problems. Earlier this year, Bob Iger, the CEO of Disney, published his memoirs stating that he and other Disney executives made George Lucas feel betrayed by the fact that they never chose to follow the arguments he had previously presented.
In his memoirs, Mr. Iger said that it seemed that the Star Wars The creator felt "betrayed,quot; by his decision to move forward with the franchise in a completely different way.
In addition, some lifelong fans of the series were also disappointed by the change of direction. That said, the franchise has remained a smart move for Disney, which has since won billions with the purchase of Lucasfilm.